After taking a nice break of 3 months, I’m back in business. I decided to move to Mumbai and join Directi as Quality and Community Evangelist. My new role would involve, but will not be limited to:
- Defining and Implementing organization wide processes and risk-reduction practices (borrowing upon Agile and other philosophy as appropriate)
- Building and growing a sizable QA team, whose task would be to percolate Agile practices and other Product Engineering philosophies across the myriad product engineering teams at Directi
- Organize country-wide open camps, conferences, rallies, shows, contests etc for knowledge sharing and community building
Luckily for me Directi’s Profile suited the kind of company I was looking for:
- Directi is a product company which builds innovative mass-market Web Products serving millions of Customers worldwide
- Started in 1998 by two brothers (Bhavin and Divyank) at the age of 19 and 17 respectively. Today the company is worth 400+ million dollars.
- Opportunity to work directly with the Brothers.
- The only bad decision at Directi is no decision. An aggressive, young company whose mission is “World Domination”
- The Brothers took a loan of Rs 25,000 from their parents to start the company. Directi has been profitable from its inception. All assets of the group are organically funded without any external debt or borrowing.
- Directi has been ranked in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 list consecutively for the last 3 years
If you are looking for a similar company to work for, please drop me a note, we are always looking for “Intelligent People & Smart Ideas”.